cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manc_Gurl
Advocate II
Advocate II

Updating a SP Hyperlink Field using Send HTTP request

I'm trying to update a hyperlink field in an existing item in a SharePoint document library which uses document sets.  From what I've read you have to use the Send an HTTP request action to do this.  I have attempted to do this after following a couple of posts I found in this forum but the Flow fails on the "Send an HTTP Request" no matter how I format the body of the request I keep getting this error:

Invalid JSON. The property name '' is not valid. The name of a property cannot be empty.

Below is a snip of the flow

Capture.JPG

As a test I used the above method on a list and it works, so my feeling is that this is something to do with the fact I'm attempting to do it on a document library or document set perhaps?

5 REPLIES 5
Manc_Gurl
Advocate II
Advocate II

I'd really appreciate some assistance with this, I have a bunch of 2010 workflows which need moving to Power Automate.  It's taking forever to get this done, this is just stumbling block of many at the moment.  Surely updating a hyperlink field on a document library is possible, it works on a list.

BUMP!

Same issue , did you find the workaround or the bug??  I trying to update a HyperLink field in Document Library is not working same as updating a list. 

Hi @PPDev2021 Yes I got this working in the end, it was my own stupid fault my syntax was incorrect.  The body of my Send HTTP Request to SharePoint needed to look like this instead.

{"__metadata":{
"type":"SP.Data.CTransmittalsItem"},

"Contractor_x0020_Transmittal":{

"__metadata":("type":"SP.FieldUrlValue"},

"Description":"Test",

"Url":"http://www.google.com" }

}

It is working perfectly now that I rectified that.

PPDev2021
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, It worked for me too for updating hyper link field on document library.  The area i was making mistake is the meta data {'__metadata': {'type':'SP.Data.Shared_x0020_DocumentsItem'}

Following is the code. 

{'__metadata': {'type':'SP.Data.Shared_x0020_DocumentsItem'},

'QARunHistory':{
'__metadata':{'type':'SP.FieldUrlValue'},
'Description': 'Succeeded',
'Url':'http://www.google.com'
}
}

UserGroup.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,105)