Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Updating a SP2013 On-Premise Choice Column

Hello fellow Flow builders and users !

I have quite a big issue with my Flow.

Here is how I built it :

When a Case is create or modified in SharePoint (I insist, it is a Sharepoint 2013 OnPremise, maybe that IS the root of my problem),

I fetch the related Solutions, by filtering on the CaseNumber.

If all the Solutions are closed, then I update the Case'status to "Closed".

The Case_Status is a SharePoint column with "Closed" and "Open" as choices.

Here is what I tried :

1. On the Update an Item panel,

I have set Case_Status to simple "Closed". => When tested, my output is "Closed". But after a check on my SP2013 On-Prem, the Case's status is still "Open".

2. I tried the following (after checking what sort of datas was going out of FLow):
    {
      "@odata.type": "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
      "Id": 0,
      "Value": "Clos"
    }
    But the Flow Checker gave me an error:
    The template validation failed: 'The template action 'Update_item' at line '1' and column '3111' is not valid: "Unable to parse template language expression 'odata.type': expected token 'LeftParenthesis' and actual 'Dot'.".'.
  3. I tried to just put "Case_Status Value" from the dynamic content panel, but of course it gave me the "Open" one.

I don't know what to do to make it accept my update.

Could someone explain where i did something wrong please? Is it because of SP2013 ?

Thank you and have a nice day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Updating a SP2013 On-Premise Choice Column

For anyone else trying to figure this out, you just need to have the "@" sign escaped, which is just "@@", so it should look something like:

{
  "@@odata.type": "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
  "Value": "Closed"
}

That was able to update it. I haven't checked if you need both the ID and Value, but I'm assuming you do.

For the fields I'll be updating a lot, instead of creating separate variables for all, I just used "Parse JSON". It's nicer since you just need the one activity and you can still reference the individual values:

@{body('FormStatus')?['LegalReview']}

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gaëlle,

Soory for I don't have an On-Premise sharepoint so I couldn't make a test on it on my side.

Have you make a test on it on sharepoint online, does it works on sharepoint online?

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

For anyone else trying to figure this out, you just need to have the "@" sign escaped, which is just "@@", so it should look something like:

{
  "@@odata.type": "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
  "Value": "Closed"
}

That was able to update it. I haven't checked if you need both the ID and Value, but I'm assuming you do.

For the fields I'll be updating a lot, instead of creating separate variables for all, I just used "Parse JSON". It's nicer since you just need the one activity and you can still reference the individual values:

@{body('FormStatus')?['LegalReview']}

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,088)