Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smorley
Post Patron
Post Patron

Updating a SharePoint Text field from a choice field

Hey Powerful ones,

I really hate November 1st.  Plowing through all my SPD 2010 workflows.  Almost there.  Like a derivative as SharePoint approaches infinity.  (A little math humour for your Wednesday.)

Anyway,  I have a SharePoint list.  When an item is created, I want to update some fields.  One of the fields is a text field.

Flowathighlevel.jpg

So I'm creating an array variable and appending to it from the Days of Week choice field.

arrayvariable.png

 When I update the item, you will see that variable is not there.  

updatetutorialdays.png

 So when I select "Apply to each current item" and place that in the "Tutorial Days Text" field the output in my SharePoint list looks like this:

smorley_0-1602078034471.png

So I have some syntax issue somewhere, any assistance, as always, is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@smorley 

Add comma here.

Hardesh15_0-1602079220813.png

Thanks

Hardesh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@smorley 

Why are you using array variable? Any specific requirement in logic. if not same can be achieved via String Variable because array give you some extra brackets n all.

Thanks

Hardesh

Hey @Hardesh15 

Thanks for the quick reply.  I've changed it to a string variable, and that works, but I want a comma between each value.

smorley_0-1602079084703.png

The output in SharePoint looks like this:

smorley_1-1602079108623.png

@smorley 

Add comma here.

Hardesh15_0-1602079220813.png

Thanks

Hardesh

@Hardesh15 

I can do that, but that puts a comma in place even if there is only one value.

@Hardesh15 I ended up adding a space instead of a comma, and in the world of migrating from SPD to PA, it's good enough for now.  Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,271)