cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TYSCC
Regular Visitor

Updating a records column value based on type and status of another list

For our vacation time tracker I have 3 SharePoint lists. One to hold days available and requested days (list name "Balances"), one to hold requests (list name "Requests") and one to show a calendar of all approved days(list name "Calendar"). When an employee submits a time off for approval, it defaults to pending status in "Requests", and in "Balances" the number of requested days increases by the value designated in the record "Requests". It will also show the requested dates in the "Calendar" list.

What I am having trouble with is when a submitted time off is marked as rejected in "Requests", I would like the number of requested days in "Balances" to go back down by the value designated in that request. I would also like the rejection to trigger removing the record from the "Calendar" list. A second issue to this is that there can be 3 types of requests made with a designation of either Vacation, Personal, or Other. Each of these has their own record within the "Balances" page so the rejection would need to look up both the value and the type of rejection and update the appropriate record within "Balances".

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,588)