cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gochix
Resolver I
Resolver I

Updating a sharepoint list ( only 256 rows updated)

Good evening everyone,

I have a bit of a struggle here.

Trying to make a update flow that i will have to use once a day. Did everything correct but my list got updated only by 256 rows.

I have around 6000 rows that has to be updated.

Using excel table located in sharepoint as source.

And updating sharepoint list as destination.

All i really needed by this flow to update stock quantities so i had to update this by flow.

Any suggestions how to increase number of rows updated?

Gochix_0-1632422960481.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Gochix 

By default, Excel will only return 256 rows.  To change the default, go to settings for the action, turn on pagination and set the threshold to a higher number.  One issue that you have is that Excel can retrieve a maximum of 5000 rows unless you have a premium license of some type.  The license that comes with M365 will permit a max of 5000.  In addition, an Apply to Each action is limited to 5000 loops unless you have a premium license.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Gochix 

By default, Excel will only return 256 rows.  To change the default, go to settings for the action, turn on pagination and set the threshold to a higher number.  One issue that you have is that Excel can retrieve a maximum of 5000 rows unless you have a premium license of some type.  The license that comes with M365 will permit a max of 5000.  In addition, an Apply to Each action is limited to 5000 loops unless you have a premium license.

image.png

Scott

Thanks for explaining this. I went with ForAll Patch function instead. Average 7 minutes update but it's just once a day so no big deal.

Thanks again.

Hi Scott,

I changed the threshold to 5000 and it's still only updating the first 256 rows.   Any other suggestions?  I only have about 1200 rows in my Excel file.

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Footprints 

Please post a screen shot of the Excel List rows action settings.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Users online (2,576)