Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misc
Helper V
Helper V

Updating an item in one list if a record is complete in another list

I have two Sharepoint lists:

LAB01 which houses records submitted by users, and

Technical Spaces which is a 'dashboard' of information for management oversight.

What I want to do is create a flow which checks daily whether a LAB01 form ReviewDates is today, and if so, change the 'LAB01' column on the Technical Spaces dashboard to 'Requires Review' before sending an email out to the creator of the record, but it seems that this sounds a lot easier than it is in practice!

I have a Get Items which is OData Filter Queried to only return items from LAB01 where the ReviewDates column = today - this is working no problem.

When I tried to create a similar OData Filter Query on the Get Items for Technical Spaces I have hit a couple of problems:

- I originally wanted to filter the TechSpaces list by whether 'LAB01' = 'Complete' but because LAB01 is a Choice column this wouldn't work.

- I tried leaving the filter blank and using a Condition to check if they Building and Room Number are the same, and if so update the LAB01 column

flowattempt1.png

(I have tried to highlight which dynamic content refers to which list because they're all named the same.)

Although this said that it succeeded, it returned 'False' as the condition, despite there definitely being one record with the Building and Room Number the same

flowoutcome1.png

I then tried creating the Condition in the OData Filter instead, but then it puts it in an apply to each which means I can't refer to the dynamic content of the items which are returned

flowattempt2.png

Am I over complicating this? Does anyone have a solution for me? 

Any input is much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @misc 

Accroding to your description, you want to update the value of ‘LAB01’ column to 'Requires Review' in Technical Spaces list when the ReviewDates is equal today in LAB01 list. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

I created a Flow and you can refer to the screenshots as below:

Assume my two lists are as follows:

vLilyWmsft_1-1627375242621.png
vLilyWmsft_2-1627375242625.png

Flow in details:

vLilyWmsft_3-1627375242627.png

Filter Query: ReviewDates eq '@{formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')}'

vLilyWmsft_4-1627375242631.png

Filter Query(Building eq '@{items('Apply_to_each')?['Building']}') and (Roomnumber eq '@{items('Apply_to_each')?['Roomnumber']}')

vLilyWmsft_5-1627375242637.png

vLilyWmsft_6-1627375242640.png

After flow runs, the Technical Spaces list will be changed as below:

vLilyWmsft_7-1627375242641.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @misc 

Accroding to your description, you want to update the value of ‘LAB01’ column to 'Requires Review' in Technical Spaces list when the ReviewDates is equal today in LAB01 list. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

I created a Flow and you can refer to the screenshots as below:

Assume my two lists are as follows:

vLilyWmsft_1-1627375242621.png
vLilyWmsft_2-1627375242625.png

Flow in details:

vLilyWmsft_3-1627375242627.png

Filter Query: ReviewDates eq '@{formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')}'

vLilyWmsft_4-1627375242631.png

Filter Query(Building eq '@{items('Apply_to_each')?['Building']}') and (Roomnumber eq '@{items('Apply_to_each')?['Roomnumber']}')

vLilyWmsft_5-1627375242637.png

vLilyWmsft_6-1627375242640.png

After flow runs, the Technical Spaces list will be changed as below:

vLilyWmsft_7-1627375242641.png

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your response. Yes this is very similar to the second attempt I made yesterday, however even when I follow your instructions I'm still coming up against the error that I cannot refer to the second 'Get Items' action because it is embedded within the 'Apply to Each'. The dynamic content only shows it as 'Apply to Each > Current Item' rather than allowing me to choose value etc. 

flow2.png

Is there something I need to do to 'open up' the Apply to Each so I can refer to the Get Items inside it?

v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @misc 

Apply to each 2 is in Apply to each.

This is my whole Flow:

vLilyWmsft_0-1627376782140.png

Best Regards

Best Regards

doh - of course! Thank you so much!

v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @misc 

You're welcome!😊

Best Regards

Powerplatform01
Post Patron
Post Patron

HI,

No worries you can watch this video to resolve your issue.

https://youtu.be/639qnKw85n8

Please like and subscribe this video if it's work for you 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,504)