Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bangorkeith
Helper II
Helper II

Updating image column in library

Hi,

I'm trying to build a flow which updates the file propeties in a library.  Unfortunately the picture column I need to update doesn't appear as an option.

From looking into it a bit, it appears flow can't update these types of columns.  I believe I can use an HTTP post step but I'm stuck on how to actually achieve this.  Hoping someone can help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I ended up going with a much simpler solution!

Changed the column to type Hyperlink, wrote the flow with the updating Hyperlink column step included, then changed it back to a picture column.  It surprisingly works! And a much simpler method 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

@bangorkeith  sure actually you can't by conectors but with API yes.

Please see this blog

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/203511/update-attachment-of-list-item-using-rest-api-...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

I ended up going with a much simpler solution!

Changed the column to type Hyperlink, wrote the flow with the updating Hyperlink column step included, then changed it back to a picture column.  It surprisingly works! And a much simpler method 

ganeshsanap
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@bangorkeith Great workaround!

If you want to use images in list, you can now Create an Image Column in SharePoint/Microsoft Lists and Add an image to SharePoint Image columns using Power Automate instead of using Hyperlink/Picture column.

Add image to SharePoint & Microsoft Lists Image columns using Power Automate.png

Please click Accept as solution & 👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,459)