cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rishabh126
Frequent Visitor

Updating list item based on Status column and group by field

I have task status column with backup value, using it to copy list item from this list to archive list.

Adobe Reader DC is one of the value for Main Task column, I wanted to know, is there any way if I change the value of Adobe Reader DC task name ( Main Task) to backup, Power Automate can change the task status for all items (Sub Task) to backup those are tagged to Adobe Reader DC (Main task).  So that I can use this condition to copy to archive list and reset to initial values for reuse.

SharePointlist.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Sure. So I was trying to achieve the feature of the task list in modern site. As modern site still does not have a task list. I added the content type in the list and got all the column. But my team was looking for task and sub task feature. I group all the task based on the category and then set a reset task button using column formatting.

Once the user click the button and runs the flow, it only reset the sub task of the main category, in this case just ROP related sub task.

flowsolution3.JPG

Reset the task button run the following flow which trigger based on the selected item. I am getting all the column value of the that single item and also for all the items using get items.  

flowsolution1.JPG

Here I am using condition to compare main task of the single to main task value of the title, also another condition only when the task is completed or deferred. In this condition, it only match with RoP customization category. Using create and update operation, I am archiving the completed item to another list and reset the value to null. This way team does not need to right all the monthly task again and again.

flowsolution2.JPG

final output:

All two task are copied to another list and field all set to initial value ( null) in the current task list

flowsolution4.JPG

I hope this solution will help users who still wants to work in modern task list.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rishabh126 ,

Could you provide more details about Sub Task?

What does it have to do with the Main task? The list shown in the screenshot does not seem to be an ordinary list.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

Thank you for helping in this.

I have Main Task as one of the column in SharePoint list which has drop down with task name like Adobe Reader DC and Screensaver etc. Also, there is one list item exactly same as drop down category. We are trying to use group by to display task and sub task.

My team is using this list to keep track of the tasks, which occurs every month. I have been asked to create a process where once they complete the sub task, it should get copied to archive list (taken care of this in another flow). Now there are multiple users working on it, usually one person takes a main task. If someone decides to reset the task status by setting the status equal to backup then all the tasks should be set to Not started which are set to that category. Now using filter array I was able to filter out for Adobe Acrobat DC, but I am not able think of a way where when a person who is working on screensaver click on the flow button beside screensaver, it should reset only task for screensaver. Also I am using update list at the end to keep the main task status to backup always by using ID. I hope you are not confused. Please let me know and I will try to explain again.

Screenshots attached.

Thanks,

Rishabh

flow1.JPG

flow 2.JPG

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

I was able to do it, but thanks for the help 🙂

Hi @Rishabh126 ,

Great, if your problem has been solved, you can consider sharing your solution, and click "Accept as Solution" on the reply that describes how you were able to solve your issue!

This makes your post much easier for other members of the community to see and find when looking for a solution!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Sure. So I was trying to achieve the feature of the task list in modern site. As modern site still does not have a task list. I added the content type in the list and got all the column. But my team was looking for task and sub task feature. I group all the task based on the category and then set a reset task button using column formatting.

Once the user click the button and runs the flow, it only reset the sub task of the main category, in this case just ROP related sub task.

flowsolution3.JPG

Reset the task button run the following flow which trigger based on the selected item. I am getting all the column value of the that single item and also for all the items using get items.  

flowsolution1.JPG

Here I am using condition to compare main task of the single to main task value of the title, also another condition only when the task is completed or deferred. In this condition, it only match with RoP customization category. Using create and update operation, I am archiving the completed item to another list and reset the value to null. This way team does not need to right all the monthly task again and again.

flowsolution2.JPG

final output:

All two task are copied to another list and field all set to initial value ( null) in the current task list

flowsolution4.JPG

I hope this solution will help users who still wants to work in modern task list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,662)