cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Updating list item from email reply - Get emails (v3), filter, update column

I have built the below flow where I am expecting a SharePoint list item to be updated when a user replies to a previous automated email.

When a comment is added into the Comments column in a SharePoint list I am sending an email to the requester.

Once an email is sent from the "Send an email (V2) action, it arrives into the users mailbox.

The user replies to this email and it is forwarded to another mailbox and folder.

This folder "Ticket Updates" is watched in the "Get emails (V3) action and I was expecting the "Subject Filter" to match against an email that has "RE: Ticket Updated - CXP-ID" in the subject line where "ID" is grabbed from the "ID" column in the "When an item is created or modified" action. 

From here I was expecting the body of the email to be captured and populated into the "Comments" field in the SharePoint list.

The "Updated Item" action seems to keep skipping with this error:

{"code":"ActionConditionFailed","message":"The execution of template action 'Update_item' is skipped: there are no items to repeat."}

See my flow below. In theory this should work but maybe I am getting some of the logic wrong???

sudosaurus_0-1603467601334.png

sudosaurus_1-1603467705169.png

sudosaurus_2-1603467794352.png

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @sudosaurus 

Did you find a solution to your need or is the question still relevant?

You should use two flows for the scenario you describe 🙂 The first one is sending out the email. The second one triggers when an email is received in that folder.

Kind regards, John

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,746)