cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Updating multiple rows in excel table using variable

I currently have a flow that updates one column in 20 rows with a null value. At the moment I have 20 different actions but am sure this is not the best practice. I have been trying to do this using 'apply to each', setting the key value using a variable but have been unable to get this to work. 

I assume I need to create a string 1-20 and use this as the Key value but I cannot get it working. 

flow2.PNGflow3.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Apply each is a perf impacting action. Without knowing full details about your requirements, I'd suggest you try Office Scripts, which is TypeScript based scripting solution for Excel for web. You can run 'Run Script' action in Excel Online to execute it. It'll be so much better in-terms of performance. 

Details here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/scripts/tutorials/excel-power-automate-manual

For the time being, the feature may not be fully enabled as it is being rolled out. You can check that from Excel online and see if you have "Automate" tab (for English language) in the Excel ribbon. If not, you may have to wait for few more days before it rolls out. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,782)