Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chartergrowth
Level: Powered On

Updating row in Google Sheet

Hello,

I am trying to update a row in a google sheet eveytime a salesforce record is modified but I can't seem to map the Row id properly.

The row id on my google sheet equals the record id in Salesforce. 

What do I need to do to make this flow work?

Here is my spreadsheet:

Spreadsheet.JPG

Here is my flow:

flow reporting.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Updating row in Google Sheet

Hi chartergrowth,

Please try to use action “Get rows” instead of “Get row”.

You said that row id on google sheet equals the record id in Salesforce, please add a Condition after the action “Get rows” and configure it as Row Id equals to Record Id.

Under If yes branch, add the action "update row". In the action “Update row”, you could select the Row Id from the previous action.

Please have a try with it. Hope it can be a reference for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
chartergrowth

Get rows worked great. However, the condition keeps failing reqardless what I set it as.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

InvalidUser

Ever feel like the kid that has no idea what's going on in class?

It seems obvious to everyone how to get a row's id. I'm totally missing it. Where does the row id come from?? Let alone the fact that I can't do something that would seem obvious, like, "Get the last row in the spreadsheet". No, that's too obvious! I have to specify which, particular row I want. That means that I have to delete it at the end of the Flow, or  it will always choose the same row. But I don't even know how to choose that row!

I thought that maybe it's just the number of the row. That made sense to me. Okay, let's select Row 2. So I entered 2 as the ID. That's the row I wanted. But when I test ran the flow, it failed because I had not provided the correct row id.

So where do I find that id?!

chartergrowth

Finding the row id can be really tricky.In the past I have also tried specifying the row like you did but to no avail. Can you explain what exactly your trying to do (screenshots would be great too). I might be able to help or someone else might with some more information.

Thanks.

InvalidUser

At this point, it's a simple spreadsheet. 3 columns titled Name, Phone, and Email. The second row is where the data is placed. It also added another field _PowerAppsId_, but that field is empty.
InvalidUser

What I'm trying to do is use another process to parse an email message, pulling out the name, phone, and email address, and putting it into the spreadsheet. I'm using Parserr for that, and it works fine. I'd like to then have the Flow pull that data into an Outlook Contact, and send an email. I've pretty much got the rest sorted out, but I need Flow to get the data from the spreadsheet. (I then have to delete the row from the spreadsheet, because otherwise I won't know the row id of subsequent rows... Not that I know it now either.)
InvalidUser

Okay, I found this article which explains what the Row Id is. It's that extra column in the table for the __PowerAppsId__ field. But the data being entered into the Sheet doesn't automatically include such a field. This means that I'd have to manually edit the table, and put the necessary Id value (whatever it is) into that field, in order for the Flow to work. But that sort of belies the entire point of this, doesn't it? If I have to manually edit the Sheet, then the process isn't really automated, and the whole purpose of the Flow was to automate the process. Any suggestions?

chartergrowth

Hey,

If I am understanding correctly then you can do this in multiple ways. The easiest (if you are only using the sheet for temporary purposes) is to use "Get rows" and then create the contact from the get row value and have the row delete once it is done. This is what a sample would look like (with an email being sent instead of contacts being created.

Sheet before flow run:

Capture.JPG

snip.JPG

chartergrowth

I then recieve an email with all the contact stuff in it and the row is also deleted on the sheet. If you would like to go the more complicated route of finding the row id and all of that, please let me know but I think this should help solve your problem. 

Good luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,141)