cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Updating rows and adding new ones a spreadsheet from a mastersheet

I am having a number of issues with building a flow that draws data from one spreadsheet into another for the sake of creating a dashboard. The problem I am having is that despite trying a number of ways I can't get it do add or update the rows in any sort of useful manner. The current iteration seems to add rows randomly to the table and add multiple of the same row. I also need it to update the spreadsheet (dashboard) in the future to reflect the master spreadsheet. 

Here is the flow :

Matt_C_0-1596075374244.pngMatt_C_1-1596075438870.png

Matt_C_2-1596075486347.png

I can't get rid of the final apply to each it was automatically applied and will not disappear. I don't know if I am on the right track or not but I can't make it work as required.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Matt_C ,

Refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png2.png3.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Matt_C ,

You don't share the full screenshot of the flow so we couldn't help troubleshooting your issue.

1.Your flow should have two list rows present in a table action.

2. You should share the screenshot of the set variable action.

Does the requirement is as below:

Check if the row in excel 1 is exists in excel 2, if the row exists in excel 2, do nothing, if the row don't exists in excel 2, add the row to the excel 2

If yes, maybe you have added the wrong dynamic content, please check the flow clearly, there shouldn't be an Apply to each be added automatically when add a row.

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hi Alice,

I have added again the list table rows of the second table at the top 

Matt_C_0-1596152722545.png

And here is the variable

Matt_C_1-1596152751713.png

The requirement is:

Check if the row in excel 1 exists in excel 2, if the row exists in excel 2, update if required, if the row doesn't exist in excel 2, add the row to the excel 2

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Matt_C ,

Refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png2.png3.png

Best Regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Alice,

It works really well, thanks heaps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,567)