cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Updating sharepoint file with multiple metadata taxonomy terms (custom metadata column).

I'd like to apply metadata (terms) to a custom metadata column in a document library. The terms and their hierarchy were created with the term store management for the site.

Seems that the available options for this column in flow (Update file properties) are a flat version of the hierarchy so that it looks like duplicates.

image.png
image.png

Is this a bug or some misconfiguration in the term-tool?

And how can I set multiple terms at once?

EDIT: Document library settings for allowing multiple and full path available under column settings, but flow ignores these columns if they are setimage.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ hjaf,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share a more details about the custom metadata column?

Updating a custom metadata column in sharepoint library with multiple metadata taxonomy terms in not supported in microsoft flow currently,I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted

I don't see why a screenshot of irrelevant steps can give more insight into this particular issue, nor how i can give you more information about the column than what I have provided with the screenshots. 

I wanted to put predefined terms as tags into metadata because i wanted users to add the terms manually as well as programatically with flow and possibly powerapps at some point. I have probably misunderstood purpose of the metadata column, in either case, I will have to find another solution to my problem if only one term can be used. 

Thanks for the information! 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,095)