cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Updating specific column of workbook of excel

Hello, I have two excel, Excel A and Excel B. I need to update specific column say F5 of WorkSheet B of Excel B with the value of column say F5 of WorkSheet A of Excel A with the help of flow. Also, I need to update several columns like this. Please suggest.
1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

For advanced Excel read/write scenarios such as this, Office Scripts offers the best option as it not only allows this particular scenario, but also allows for addition of more rules/logic.

See here for how to get started.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/scripts/tutorials/excel-power-automate-manual

In this particular case, you'll have to read all the required contents from one of the Excel files (A) that you consider is the input (using Script-1) and feed that into second script (Script-2) that simply updates the other Excel file (B).
If you need to update both workbooks, you may need a 3rd script (one that updates A).

Office Scripts is available as Run Script action for Excel online.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (49,135)