Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phildrake198
Helper III
Helper III

Updating the ownerid of a Dynamics Task record

Hi,

I need to have my Flow update the ownerid of a Task but the ownerid field isn't one of the options in the "Update a Record" action. Why is that? Is there another way to do this or is it not possible with Flow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@phildrake198 

Ok, the word from Microsoft is that the missing Owner field "is fixed, and rolling out – should be available worldwide by the end of the month."

Hope that helps.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
edgonzales
Super User II
Super User II

@phildrake198 

Hi there.  Are you using the Update a Record for Common Data Service?  Or the Dynamics action?  I think the D365 action is working it's way out, and you'll want to use the CDS version.  I've just tested it and it shows Owner as one of the fields in that action.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Hi Ed,

Yeah I'm using the Update a Record (current environment) CDS action and it's missing "ownerid" for some reason on my end. Here's a screenshot of what's available:

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

@phildrake198 

That's really interesting.  I'm asking around to see if there should be a difference from the regular CDS actions.  Does your scope require the (Current Environment) version?  If not, try the regular Common Data Service action.  I'll let you know what I hear back.

-Ed

Thanks. Yeah I need to use the Current Environment trigger because I'm migrating this flow to other environments and I need the connection to remain so I don't have to manually set it.

@phildrake198 

Ok, the word from Microsoft is that the missing Owner field "is fixed, and rolling out – should be available worldwide by the end of the month."

Hope that helps.

Keep us posted.

-Ed

View solution in original post

Thank you! I've got a bit of a clunky workaround in place right now where a workflow is updating the Owner after the Flow runs but at least it's something.

erickms11
Regular Visitor

I'm dealing with the same issue. I'm trying to update the ownerid, but I can't see it in options from CDS Current Environment

I would alternatively use HTTP request with Azure AD and do PATCH request as follows : 

new.JPG

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (11,252)