cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sasa_dev
Level: Powered On

Upload Excel to SharePoint and Read its contents

I created the Flow as start at user Upload Excel to SharePoint, then it need to get the data of one of the cells in this excel. I used the Excel (Businese), but is show the error message "The parameter 'file' has an invalid value". Is there a way to solve it? Or need to use other connectors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Upload Excel to SharePoint and Read its contents

Hi @sasa_dev 

There is a known issue with the excel connector that the file value cannot be provided using a variable of dynamically. It needs to be chosen by clicking the folder icon and pointing to the file. (That is particularly why you are facing the error as ou must be pointing the file name to a variable/ dynamic value from the file action/trigger )

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @sasa_dev 

There is a known issue with the excel connector that the file value cannot be provided using a variable of dynamically. It needs to be chosen by clicking the folder icon and pointing to the file. (That is particularly why you are facing the error as ou must be pointing the file name to a variable/ dynamic value from the file action/trigger )

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

sasa_dev
Level: Powered On

Thanks you for your reply.

Do you know any other connector that can be solved?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

HI @sasa_dev 

This is a problem with the excel connector itself. So as long as you are using excel fiels this will be a problem.

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,865)