Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
djmitz6
Level: Power Up

Upload OneDrive file to Shared Dropbox folder

Greetings,

Currently I have a flow created that uploads a file from my onedrive to my dropbox folder whenever I update a file in the onedrive folder.

What I want to do is have the flow send the file to a shared dropbox folder that I have read/write privleges to. When I access the Dropbox Update File Step. My only option is to select the files in my root folder in dropbox. There is no option to select the files in the dropbox folder that was shared with me. I can manually drag and drop the file into the shared dropbox folder with no issues. Any idea on how I would correct this?

3 REPLIES 3
djmitz6
Level: Power Up

Re: Upload OneDrive file to Shared Dropbox folder

Additional information to the original post. I am trying to automatically update the file from one-drive to a team folder in dropbox.

*Before I didn't know the difference between a team folder and a personal folder. In the original post I reference the team folder as a shared folder.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @djmitz6 

Currently there is a limitation with the flow connector that you cannot access the shared folder on Dropbox/ OneDrive. Ideas to include these as features has been posted here (Feel free to upvote the ideas) : https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

These should be included soon in the upcoming releases. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @djmitz6 ,

If you mentioned Dropbox Business, you could only select all the folders under your personal folder in Flow, including the Folder that others have shared with you.

You need to add the folder that others have shared to you to your personal folder.

17.PNG18.PNG19.PNG

However, it is not currently supported to select Team Folder. If you want similar features to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for similar ideas below:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Dropbox-Team-Folders/idi-p/265413

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,505)