cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ishwar

Upload Video files from PowerApps to SharePoint library

We have a flow that uploads attachments from PowerApps to the SharePoint document library and to read the file content "dataUriToBinary" has been used. However, it is working for all the file types except video files. Being a newbie to PowerAutomate world, any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Error is shown in PowerApps is

FlowName.Run failed : {"error" : { "code" :413, "Message" : The response is not in a JSON format", "innerError" : "Cannot read server response"}}

5 REPLIES 5
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @ishwar 

2 weeks ago I helped in solving a similar problem, in that case with a png file: Solved: Re: Powerapps -> onedrive image in base64 not conv... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Could you try to have a look at the base64 value and remove header ("data:video/...;base64,") and "==" end characters?

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
ishwar

Hi @fchopo 

Thanks for your response
Sorry, but I didn't get the mentioned thread and the changes you mentioned. My implementation is exact replica of the below-mentioned blog. Where do you want me to update?
PowerApps upload file to SharePoint document library - SPGuides

fchopo
Super User
Super User

When flows is receiving the base64 image, which value are you receiving?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
ishwar

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion. I have observed it with multiple video files and .mp4 files with sizes less than 80MB are working fine and getting uploaded to the SharePoint library. The above error is occurring for files having a size of more than 80 MB. 

The attachment control's Maximum Attachment Size (in MB) is set to - 250.

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @ishwar 

According to this Microsoft official blog post: JSON for canvas apps | Microsoft Power Apps the JSON function (in PowerApps) has no size limit for binary data or text strings beyond available memory on the device.

So, it seems that the issue depends on the device you're running your Power App.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,022)