cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
EmC
Level: Powered On

Upload a file via button flow - .pdf or .jpg

I'm sure this is simple for some people, but I'm basically teaching myself as I go.

I have a flow that is triggered from a button on mobile that does the following:

1. Collect button inputs: date, text, numerical & file. File and some text inputs are optional. [Manually trigger a flow]
  2. Creates a new row in an excel table using the input information [Add a row in a table for Excel Online (Ondrive)]
  3. If there is a file (optional) [Condition], chooses one of OneDrive files [another Condition] and saves the file as a .jpg with a name produced from the inputs [Create File for OneDrive]

I would like the Create File connector to handle both .pdf and .jpg files. To that end I have two questions:

1. Can I extract the file type from the file that was originally uploaded via the button? Currently, I just end the file name with '.jpg'.
  2. Is there a way to get my phone (running Android 8.0.0) to allow my to choose a .pdf or a file image. Currently I have the option to take a photo or choose an image from the photo library. Navigating to a pdf if not the issue, but .pdf files are greyed-out and cannot be selected for upload. I'm not sure if this is an issue with my Flow, the Flow app, or settings in my Android Phone.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Upload a file via button flow - .pdf or .jpg

Hi @EmC,

I did a test on my side, the content of the button trigger output does not contain the name and type of the uploaded file.

I am afraid that this requirement cannot be achieved at present.

As for your second requirement, I don't have a suitable mobile phone and operating system to do similar tests, but I can upload pdf files when I test it in the Flow portal.

Image reference:

3.PNG

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
EmC

Thanks for the response. I can upload a .pdf via the portal as well - the only issue is getting the name right.

It's only an issue in mobile. Files that I navigate to are 'greyed-out' unless they are image files.

Is there another way to manually select a file as part of my flow? Preferrably on mobile.
Rodolfo1840

I got the same issue. I cannot get the file name (and extension) from the Button Flow

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,714)