cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate III
Advocate III

Upload application/octet-stream Data To An HTTP Endpoint via a JSON POST

Hi

I have an API interaction that is receiving an application/octet-stream that provides a URL for said data.

I would like to now POST that data somewhere, how do I achieve that with the HTTP connector in Power Automate?

In my example I'm using DropBox's API, but this could be any API.

I have requested a file using their Temporary Link request, and I am now wanting to uploading it to DropBox (which, again, could be anywhere) and have been given an upload slot using their Temporary Upload Link request.

All I now need to do is send the data on the provided URL to the URL that they have given me. How do I post data using Power Automate?

I might have a lead in an unrelated StartPage search, if it pans out, I'll post the answer here.

EDIT - It wasn't what I thought ... I tried this in the body and it just created a file with that text in the destination. Grah

{
  "content": "https://content.dropboxapi.com/apitl/1/OBFUSCATED1-AA-111-OBFUSC_ATED2-OBFUSCATED3-OBFUSCATED4-bbb-OBFUSCATED5-OBFUSCATED6"
}

EDIT 2 - Do I need to fully form the JSON message in the body section?

So, for example, I have a URI that is bespoke each time, but here's a made up example:

https://content.dropboxapi.com/apitul/1/MadEUpURi228xJJJ

I've got the header for Content-Type set as:

application/octet-stream

I just don't know how I push the data from the URL previously fake listed, so now I'm wondering if I need to mess with the JSON itself and create it from scratch. There's a few posts about creating it and putting the Content-Type in the Body with a dollar symbol ... Is that the direction?

Should I be doing something with:

data-binary @ 
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,837)