cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Upload file from FTP to Sharepoint online

Hi, my customer has a website where users can upload files (xls, doc, txt, csv...) I need to place those files in sharepoint folder and i think this approach is the best, but maybe you can suggest another way to achieve this.

I am trying creating a new Flow to check an ftp folder every x minutes to see if there is a new folder/files.

If there are, then I need to create that new folder and content in a Sharepoint online library.

I have tried many times a recurrence flow and almost got it, but I get errors or wrong files in sharepoint folder.

Do you have an example I could follow?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Astur_Iano 

There's a possible solution in this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/PDF-content-corrupted-in-Flow-process/td-p/1352

It basically says that: "when you create the FTP connection in Flow, you need to enable BinaryTransport by ticking the checkbox otherwise it brings across garbage."

ftp.png

Could you verify you have this option checked?

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!
Are you using this connector?
Can you share a screenshot from your current flow design?
Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi there! Thank you for your response.

This is the Flow i am working on:

Flow 

The Flow is working fine, but the problem is that the new file created in SharePoint is corrupted.

The file has some 170 extra bytes that the original, so when I tried to open it, I get an error (tried with xls, doc, pdf…)

I moved file directly from ftp using FileZilla and upload and download Works fine (file always work).

So the problem is when the file is moved by Flow from FTP to SharePoint.

Hi @Astur_Iano ,

I noticed that you are filling List of Files DisplayName in Get file content action, please try to fill File id/File identifier to this field.

Please take a try and check if the issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Barry,

I have done that but still I got the same error: file is corrupted:

FlowFlow

Hello @Astur_Iano 

There's a possible solution in this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/PDF-content-corrupted-in-Flow-process/td-p/1352

It basically says that: "when you create the FTP connection in Flow, you need to enable BinaryTransport by ticking the checkbox otherwise it brings across garbage."

ftp.png

Could you verify you have this option checked?

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Yeah! That was it! thank you Ferran!

You can do this also with Couchdrop. A simpler solution that integrates into SharePoint online and turns it into an SFTP/FTP server where you can create additional users, etc. 

Disclosure; I represent Couchdrop

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,243)