Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FoDelement
Level 8

Upload item from Sharepoint, to OneDrive for Buisness

Hello all,

I am trying to make a Selected Item trigger for a sharepoint document, (xlxs) that when selected, it uploads the file to One Drive for Buisness (from URL). I cannot seem to get it to pull the selected file from sharepoint. I tested it, with a random image from google, and it works fine. 

I am using the variable "link to item" that is generated from "For selected item". Is there a different way to do this? Becuase I assume the link it's using is the "online excel" link, not a download link. 

Body
{
  "status": 403,
  "message": "403 FORBIDDEN",
  "source": "SITE.sharepoint.com",
  "errors": []
}

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Upload item from Sharepoint, to OneDrive for Buisness

Hi @FoDelement,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Further, which action does this issue occur in?

I think this issue is related to the "Upload file from URL" action within your flow, is it true? The error message told that you don't have full permission to access the this item in SharePoint library within "Upload file from URl" action.

I have created my flow using "Complete a custom action for the selected item" built-in of Microsoft Flow and reproduced your issue on my side. If you want the "Upload file from URL" action to upload a file from a URL to OneDrive for Business folder, please make sure that the url that you provided within Source URL field could be accessed by anyone. But the URL the "Link to item" dynamic content returned could only be accessed by users in your Office 365 group or organization.

You could also consider take a try with the following workaround as an alternative solution:11.JPG

12.JPG

Note: I created my flow using "Complete a custom action for the selected item" built-in template of Microsoft Flow, then add several custom actions ("Get file metadata" action of SharePoint connector, "Get file content" action of SharePoint conector and "Create file" action of OneDrive for Business connector) within the template flow.

In addition, the File Identifier field of "Get file metadata" action set to Identifier dynamic content of "Get item" action, the File Identifier field of "Get file content" action set to Identifier dynamic content of "Get item" action.

The flow works successfully as below:13.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 81 members 4,632 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: