Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tapesh_Patel
Frequent Visitor

Uploaded files are corrupted and format is unsupported

Hi All experts,

I m working on the flow since long that how to upload the photos or any file using power apps, how ever i saw the tutorial on youtube and also the sam was suggested by one of the experts on this platform, i managed to learn how to upload and create the flow which also runs successfully, how ever the issue here is while i try to open the file, it says the file is corrupted or the file extension is not supported, can anybody please help me where im going wrong?

Please see the screen shots below for more details 

Display.png

Please see the screenshots attached for details of flow :

Display2.pngStep 1Untitled.pngStep 2 3, 4Untitled1.pngFinal

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Uploaded files are corrupted and format is unsupported

Hi @Tapesh_Patel ,

If you want to store the file to the list, as far as I know, add attachment is the only option.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Super User
Super User

hi @Tapesh_Patel  please Make shure that your content file is correct.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Tapesh_Patel
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ChristianAbata 

i did not get you what you mean by content because im using the approval flow and using the same output to update list.

i dont know why i get the same error. I tried to look for content as you said but same. 

you have any other solutions ?

Please 

Super User
Super User

@Tapesh_Patel  could you show me what you what in compose?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Tapesh_Patel
Frequent Visitor

Please see this @ChristianAbata 

This is what i have in compose 

Display.png

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tapesh_Patel ,

Could you please tell us which tutorial you are referring to configure your Flow so that we could reproduce the same flow to do a further analysis?

Best Regards, 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tapesh_Patel
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

Please find the link attached below,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXWyDgDEHPo 

If yo have any solution please help. 

Thanks, 

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tapesh_Patel ,

I have checked the video and do some tests about this tutorial.

I noticed that the author did not use Parse Json action, could you tell me what you want to achieve by using this action?

It seems that we only need to fill ask in PowerApps in the File Name and File content field and pass the expected parameter in PowerApps.

Please make sure you have configured the right file name/extension and file content in these two fields. You could check the run history and see if the value of the field is as expected.

Besides, following is the most important step:

40.PNG

Best Regards,

Tapesh_Patel
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

I tried to run the test and also i performed the separate action using limited source, i can see that file is parsed the way it has to be and then also stored in some library, the issue here is, i want to use this functionality to update my sharepoint column, which is named as Bills, which then a person who has access to only view the SPlist can download and see the files, how ever the flow which he showed is not about the items or List, the flow is all about how he is storing the data first after parsing it and then he is getting same and uploading them to Document list, which i feel is not okay to mee i want the data to be stored in same list where my other list items are stored. 

I know this is bit tricy, but i m not saying if this is only the solution for getting things done,

if you have any other option please let me know how any file can be saved to SP list, 

my approach to this is Attachment column, but i dont know will this is be proper to use or not. 

if you have any other solution please share with me.

Thanks 

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tapesh_Patel ,

If you want to store the file to the list, as far as I know, add attachment is the only option.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,304)