cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramsabi
Helper II
Helper II

Uploading Document Revisions to SharePoint

I need to bulk upload revised documents (around 5000) to SharePoint. We don't have Premium so, no access to HTTP. I divided my task into 4 Flows.

Flow 1 - Check out the documents.

Flow 2 - Used a work around to create the revised file. I retrieved the existing file and replaced content from the new file.

Now at this point the document is checked out and existing metadata is cleared.

Flow 3 - Update Metadata. What I thought would be the easiest part is now proving to be the most dfficult one. I have the new metadata in an Excel file. Ihtought it would be a simple matter to retrieve the file ID based on the Name (the Names in the Excel Files and in the library are identical) using Get File (Properties only). But Get File Properties does not work because there is no metadata and it is encountering an error value. I know I can continue on after Flow 2 using the same ID, but for error control purposes we do not want to.

The Update Metadata flow is ready and I have tested it usingthe numnerical ID of a file. The challenge I am facing is in getting the ID. I have tried my best for 2 continuous days now, but have not been able to find a solution.

Can anyone help and tell me how I can get the ID without using Get file (properties only)? I will be very grateful.

1 REPLY 1
ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

There is the Send an HTTP request to SharePoint connector which is a standard connector. Could this be of help to you?

"In Power Automate, the SharePoint Send HTTP Request flow action lets you construct and execute SharePoint REST API queries. This action is particularly useful in cases where the existing SharePoint flow actions do not handle your requirements, or the action you are looking for is not yet available in the SharePoint connector."

See: Working with the SharePoint Send HTTP Request flow action in Power Automate

Ellis

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,882)