cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_menin
Frequent Visitor

Uploading Form response details to SharePoint document library

Hi there,

Currently I'm building a flow triggered by an MS Forms response with the end goal uploading a document attached in the first question of the form and then getting the response details from the rest of the questions to populate column data in SharePoint for that file. Where I am getting stuck I think is some of the questions are Choice where there are multiple responses available. What should I do to solve the below errors and get this flow working?

Errors I've received testing:

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Update_file_properties' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: Input parameter 'item/LinkedContracts0' is required to be of type 'String/uri'. The runtime value '""' to be converted doesn't have the expected format 'String/uri'.

Could not find list item.
clientRequestId: 9b759a10-46ab-447a-953f-ac8a4d4067bb
serviceRequestId: 9b759a10-46ab-447a-953f-ac8a4d4067bb 

Current flow:

j_menin_0-1649403287910.pngj_menin_1-1649403377507.png

j_menin_3-1649403575515.pngj_menin_4-1649403773364.png

Appreciate any help!

5 REPLIES 5
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @j_menin 

Could you try to use the following an expression like this?:

if(empty('item/LinkedContracts0'),null,outputs('item/LinkedContracts0'))

Where item/LinkedContracts0 is the value coming from Forms response.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @fchopo ,

Appreciate you assisting me here. So for the time being I've changed the format of the column in SharePoint for Linked Contracts to just a single line of text. The issue I'm hitting and trying to solve is how to pick up the selected response submitted for questions with multiple options in my MS Form to then populate into column data for the uploaded file. (See below)

j_menin_0-1649661973026.png

j_menin_1-1649662038623.png

Should I be using a different action? Or what am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @j_menin 

Honestly I don't understand where your problem is. Have you problems in trying to find the item in SharePoint list? Or are you trying to get different answers (in the same form) and update a single field in SharePoint?

Regards,

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
j_menin
Frequent Visitor

Hi @fchopo ,

Apologies for having not been clearer. On my MS Form to be submitted I have some question with multiple potential responses to that question (as pictured):

j_menin_0-1649752838871.png

This correlates with a column on a SharePoint library (as pictured):

j_menin_1-1649752919140.png

j_menin_2-1649752943383.png

What I'm trying to do is: when the form is submitted, I need to responses from these questions to be populated on the sharepoint library columns. What I'm having trouble with is how do I code in to pick up the responses and populate the data from the questions in the form which have multiple responses?

Hope this is clearer! Appreciate your continued support.

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @j_menin 

Just a couple of comments:

a) When you populate a choice column in Sharepoint, you only need to specify the value. As I can read by your screenshots, the answers to the question "Counterparty part" are the same of choice values in SharePoint column. You shouldn't have any problem.

b) In the screenshots provided, the error states that you're trying to update a SharePoint item that doesn't exist anymore. Please, review the workflow and item you're trying to update.

Hope it helps!
Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,809)