cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrenPlant
Helper II
Helper II

Upon CRM (dataverse) record change (specific field), send contact record (name, email) via API

Once a specific field in dataverse (D365 CE) record changes to "Approved", I want to fire off that contact record's name and email via API, where to start?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @DarrenPlant,

I would start with the trigger action. I would use When a row is added, modified or deleted action for that.

Below is an example of such an setup. 

In this example I am using the Account table and a custom choice field called ApprovedStatus (internal field name crca4_approvedstatus). The Approved choice item has an id of 309310001. 

approvedstatus_customcolumn.png

1. Within the flow you can use the When a row is added, modified or deleted. Select the correct table name. 

In my example that is Accounts, but use whatever table you want.

2. Use your field in the column filter. 

In this example that is the ApprovedStatus field (crca4_approvedstatus). So, whenever the ApprovedStatus is changed the flow will trigger.

3. Use a condition in the row filter. In this case we are looking at the Approved value.

With a row filter you can make sure it the flow is only triggered when it is changed to a certain value, in this case Approved.

approvedstatusexample.png

Hopefully this helps to get you started?

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @DarrenPlant,

I would start with the trigger action. I would use When a row is added, modified or deleted action for that.

Below is an example of such an setup. 

In this example I am using the Account table and a custom choice field called ApprovedStatus (internal field name crca4_approvedstatus). The Approved choice item has an id of 309310001. 

approvedstatus_customcolumn.png

1. Within the flow you can use the When a row is added, modified or deleted. Select the correct table name. 

In my example that is Accounts, but use whatever table you want.

2. Use your field in the column filter. 

In this example that is the ApprovedStatus field (crca4_approvedstatus). So, whenever the ApprovedStatus is changed the flow will trigger.

3. Use a condition in the row filter. In this case we are looking at the Approved value.

With a row filter you can make sure it the flow is only triggered when it is changed to a certain value, in this case Approved.

approvedstatusexample.png

Hopefully this helps to get you started?

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Thank you, a great starting point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,204)