cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Urgent!! Registering users to SharePoint Calendar event and adding to User Outlook Calendar

Hi All,

I am using an Automated flow which triggers on Calendar list item modified (User registers from UI and gets added to Attendees).

The purpose is to send an Email with options to 'ACCEPT' or 'DECLINE' an invite to the Calendar event,

where upon 'ACCEPT'ing the event, the Event should get added to User's Outlook Calendar.

I am new to Power Automate.

I had previously built a flow where upon registering, the user receives an email with an .ics attached.
But the requirement changed to sending direct invite to Users.

Is this Achievable through Power Automate? I have less understanding of Events and Calendars.

I have configured a flow as below.

can someone help me out in this? i need to finish this before this weekend ends 😞

InviteMSFlow.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Urgent!! Registering users to SharePoint Calendar event and adding to User Outlook Calendar

Hi @Ganesh_S_Pai ,

If you want to create an event, please use Create event action.

In addition, we cannot add events to other people's calendars when configuring Create event action.

Because the action connection is created based on a personal account, we can only select the user's calendar when creating a connection using the specified user account.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: Urgent!! Registering users to SharePoint Calendar event and adding to User Outlook Calendar

Dear Barry, 

Thank you so much for the response.

Can you please explain your last sentence?

Because the action connection is created based on a personal account, we can only select the user's calendar when creating a connection using the specified user account.

Currently i am sending an Email with .ICS file attached when user clicks on "REGISTER" in UI. (modified by trigger for calendar list)

Can i implement the above requirement in some other better way using MS Flows?

As in, when user registers, to add event to his/her calendar?

Warm regards,

Ganesh S Pai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,679)