Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use DropBox modified files to update files in OneDrive for Business

Hello,

I'm creating a work around to sync between OneDrive for Business and DropBox due to a specific company application not accepting OneDrive for Business, but the company exclusively uses OneDrive for Business.

Any way I have 3 Flows that are working properly

1. New file in OneDrive for Business > Creates file in DropBox

2. New file in DropBox > Creates file in OneDrive for Business

3. Modified files in OneDrive for Business > Updates Files in DropBox

Using the exact same settings in the flow for "Modified files in DropBox > Updates Files in OneDrive for Business" will not update the files in OneDrive for Business. 

The flow is like so

DropBox: When a file is modified     -->    -->      OneDrive for Business: Update File

Folder: /                                             -->     -->      File: DropBox File Name

-->     -->    File Content: DropBox File Content

The reverse works perfectly from "Modified files in OneDrive for Business > Updates Files in DropBox" so I'm confused why the Flow is failing. 

Does anyone have a Flow that works?

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Use DropBox modified files to update files in OneDrive for Business

Hi @Anonymous,

I did a test on my side and confirmed the problem you said.

To update the file in OneDrive for Business, it can't specify a OneDrive file by the output of When a file is modified action in Dropbox.

I looked at the output of the trigger and there is no output that can act as the Id of the onedrive file to identify the file. I also tried other actions with the dropbox connector, and there was nothing available to identify the files in OneDrive.

I'm afraid Flow does not support "Modified files in Dropbox > Updates Files in OneDrive for Business" currently.

You could post this idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 431 members 6,758 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: