I know I can use flow to create a new item in a different list whenever a new item is created in the primary list, but is there any way to create an entire NEW LIST when I create an item in the primary list?
- I have a list "Inspection Database"
- When a new inspection is expected, I add an item here.
- Each new inspection needs a request log created (a separate list for each inspection).
Can I have that new request log automatically created based on a template whenever I add an item to "Inspections Database"?
Hi @ danherring,
Creating list in sharepoint is not supported in microsoft flow currently,
I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.
If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:
I agree with @v-yuazh-msft but you might want to consider an alternate solution:
1) Create a Log list that includes a lookup column that refers to the primary list. I suggest making the lookup column a required column
2) When a new entry is created in the Log list the user will be required to select the item in the primary list to which the log entry relates
3) Create views in the Log list that group by the lookup column. You may want to create additional views as well such as a view that only shows recent log entries, etc..
Would you happen to know of a resource that explains either the HTTP request to create the list or the Azure function mentioned in your previous comment?
I have a similar need as the OP and would like to have a new custom list created.
For the Azure part you create a runbook based on powershell and then use New-PnPList to create the List where you want it.
Example of a azure runbook that creates a list in the site you input. After you created the runbook you will use the trigger called Create job in flow and call the runbook. The runbook will ask you for Title of the list and on what site you want it to be created at. You have to setup your own credentials.
Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks