cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spin-man
Level: Powered On

Use MS Flow to create a new item in a sharepoint list using data from another sharepoint list

I'm at a loss Smiley Sad. I have tried so many different ways to do this flow and can't get any of them to work.  Maybe someone where knows how to do this.

Use Case:

When List A's field called MSA In Process (Yes/No field) is set to Yes, I want MS Flow to create a new item in List B using the Company / Contact data in List A.  Company / Contact field in List A is populated from another list called Contacts, List A & B have this field to populate this information.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Use MS Flow to create a new item in a sharepoint list using data from another sharepoint list

You can try bool('true'), 'true' or just true. Sorry, on mobile so can't test just now.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Use MS Flow to create a new item in a sharepoint list using data from another sharepoint list

This is a rather easy Flow, when an item is created or modified in LIST 1, compare the condition of the Yes/No column, and if it is Yes, create an item in LIST 2. Example:ListUpdatedCreateOnCondition.PNG

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

spin-man

Here is the Flow setup as your example.  I can't get it to get past the condition step.  The only way I've been able to get it to work at that step is using Switch instead of Condition.

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 1.45.37 PM.png

Here is the results after running a test.

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 1.45.02 PM.png

Super User
Super User

What is the column type of the Yes/No (MSA In ...) column? If it is Yes/No column type, use the bool(true), if it is a single line of text, then just use Yes

spin-man

It is the Yes/No column type and I've been trying to get the bool(true) to work and it doesn't.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You can try bool('true'), 'true' or just true. Sorry, on mobile so can't test just now.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 335 members 5,355 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: