cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jupie354
Level: Powered On

Use Power Automate to send email to person in Excel file

I'm new to Power Automate and am looking for some advice on the best way to do this.  I receive an email weekly with an Excel spreadsheet attached.  I would like to filter it by department, and then by items that are due in 14 days, and send an email automatically to the person(s) listed in the Project Owner(s) column, to remind them the date is coming up.  I have Office 365, so Excel Online and SharePoint are options, if using SP would be any easier.  

I've been playing around with it, so I can show what I've tried if that would help, but they always end up with errors or, if "successful,"  I still don't get an email.  If anyone is willing to walk me through the best way to do this, it would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Use Power Automate to send email to person in Excel file

Hi @Jupie354 ,

Could you share a screenshot of the current configuration of Flow?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Jupie354
Level: Powered On

Ok, here's what I have.  The issue I'm currently having is searching Office 365 by user ID or name.  I started out by putting my email address into the Project Owners column on the spreadsheet just to make sure I had the rest working, and it did work then.  The Project Owners column will come in the email with the names formatted like this:  Thomas, Bob F (THOMABF). Sometimes it has more than one name in the cell, separated with a semi colon.  I tried to follow some steps I found here for searching for users in Office 365, but I don't quite understand how to fit that in with what I already had working, so this is probably a mess.  I put my own name in that format in all the rows on the spreadsheet and when I run it, it says it's successful but I don't get anything.  Any ideas?  Thank you!

2019-11-25 - 1.jpg2019-11-25 - 2.jpg

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jupie354 ,

According to the situation you describe, there are two situations that will cause Flow to run successfully but you will not receive an email.

1. The result of the Condition judgment is false, and there are no eligible rows in the table.
  2. The Body for Search for users is empty, and related users cannot be searched in the tenant.

Please check it.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,556)