cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wakhan007
Regular Visitor

Use a flow to add member to Office 365 Distribution lists

Is it possible to use flows to add members to Office 365 Distribution lists?

I can see that Office 365 Groups are possible, but we cannot external contacts(gmail,yahoo etc) in Office 365 Groups.  I want to use flows to add members to Office 365 Distribution lists as external contacts. 

The idea is to make subscribe/unsubscribe form to add/delete members in Distribution lists.

4 REPLIES 4
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @wakhan007 

I have done some testing because I thought it was possible, until I found this idea in the Power Automate Ideas Forum: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Add-users-to-Outlook-365-distribution-group...

So, currently it is not possible to add members to an Office 365 Distribution List Group using Power Automate.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Yes Currently it is not possible to add members to an Office 365 Distribution List Group using Power Automate.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Add-users-to-Outlook-365-distribution-group...

Please vote for this idea as product prioritize the change based on the number of votes 

MH3
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @fchopo  @ajdhingr 

Is this issue solved? by now

Did Microsoft created a Trigger or action for saving the emails in Distribution Lists using MS Flow?

same question

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,551)