cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fisherguy34

Use flow to link Forms to sharepoint list: create and update List items by user email

Hello All,

I need some help with a flow I've been working on. I have a quiz in forms that's linked to a sharepoint list. I need the flow to collect quiz responses and publish them to the list where a grade will be calculated. 

I only want one entry to appear for each user that submits a quiz result and I need new results to appear whenever a person that has never taken the quiz submits results. If a new user takes the quiz a second time, I need the most recent data to appear in the list. Again, one entry per user email. I've been trying most of theday and I keeping getting errors on random things I've tried. Can someone post a generic strategy? I suspect that I need to use the filter array control. Thanks much!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fisherguy34,

Yes, you should use the Filter query action to filter out the item existed in the SharePoint if the same user has submitted the Form.

You could use the Email as unique ID when you filter out. Then use Update item to add the new Form answer into the SharePoint item. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fisherguy34,

Yes, you should use the Filter query action to filter out the item existed in the SharePoint if the same user has submitted the Form.

You could use the Email as unique ID when you filter out. Then use Update item to add the new Form answer into the SharePoint item. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (58,568)