Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Use flow to select Hyperlink, download and create a file in one drive

Hi there.

is there a way to get flow to select a hyperlik from an email (link contains access to a document.docx) then download the document and save it to a one drive folder?

I know we can do it with attatchments from an email which works fine but I need to be able to get the document from a hyperlink from within the email?

thanks for reading

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ashgupta
Power Automate
Power Automate

Currently there is no built-in support to parse the context of email to extract hyperlink and download to pass on subsequent actions.

It would require logic to be outside of flow engine. Can be done but wouldn't be very straightforward.

thanks,

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ashgupta
Power Automate
Power Automate

Currently there is no built-in support to parse the context of email to extract hyperlink and download to pass on subsequent actions.

It would require logic to be outside of flow engine. Can be done but wouldn't be very straightforward.

thanks,

Hi there,

Courtenay from Parserr here. Just wanted to let you know. This is exactly what Parserr does We were added to Flow last week and very excited about it.

Parserr allows you to turn incoming emails into useful data to use in various other 3rd party systems.You can use to extract anything trapped in email including email body contents and attachments.

In your case, you could setup a rule on Parserr to extract the exact hyperlinks you need for every email. In flow, you could use that data with any of the other connectors.

Let me know if you need any help. Id gladly set this up for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you give us an example please?  I was trying to do this but it was a bit difficult for me.

@Courtenay ,

Is this something you are still offering?

Thanks,

Farhan

@Courtney still helping people set this up?

Hi Courtney,

Can you please give me some example? I am interested in this.

Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

I ended setting up a Zapier email account, it parses it, actually downloads the file and lets me email it where I grab it with a Flow since SP isn't supported under Zaps yet.

Thanks!

sayyedkohler
Advocate II
Advocate II

I think, now it can be achieved using Power Automate Desktop Flows.

Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

I need a PA cloud solution 😕 Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,423)