cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
virakones
Resolver II
Resolver II

Use forms to Populate Word Template Collaboratively?

Hi community, 

I'm looking to digitize a performance appraisal process simply through forms and microsoft word templates.

The performance appraisal is a collaborative document that the employee fills out and then the manager fills with their own comments. This use to be mainly pen & paper and took days to track down completed sheets. Overall very time consuming and inefficient.

Process dictates:

1. Employee fills out form 

2. Create Word file

3. Manager adds in comments based on employee form

4. Send to HR upon completion

The challenge I'm running into is that my flow up until Step 2. is a one way street, meaning the employees form responses get collected into a word document and sent to the Manager but I'm not really sure how to have the Manager populate additional "Manager comment fields" after the fact on the same document, since I cannot re-trigger a microsoft form.

What can I do here so that the Manager can add comments (multiple, seperate fields) on the same document that is being created through the flow by the employee?

virakones_0-1610052714674.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
virakones
Resolver II
Resolver II

This is resolved.

I completed this by adding in a unique filename ID, in this case a timestamp yyyymmddhhss, sending that thorugh email to the receiving Manager. 

The Manager will enter this in a new form so I can collect the response and use this ID to retrieve the exact file the previous user completed.

Then following @RichFunk365's post here, I was able to dynamically fill in the manager portions of the template, thus creating a collaboratively generated document through power automate.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
virakones
Resolver II
Resolver II

This is resolved.

I completed this by adding in a unique filename ID, in this case a timestamp yyyymmddhhss, sending that thorugh email to the receiving Manager. 

The Manager will enter this in a new form so I can collect the response and use this ID to retrieve the exact file the previous user completed.

Then following @RichFunk365's post here, I was able to dynamically fill in the manager portions of the template, thus creating a collaboratively generated document through power automate.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,347)