cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
virakones
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Use forms to Populate Word Template Collaboratively?

Hi community, 

I'm looking to digitize a performance appraisal process simply through forms and microsoft word templates.

The performance appraisal is a collaborative document that the employee fills out and then the manager fills with their own comments. This use to be mainly pen & paper and took days to track down completed sheets. Overall very time consuming and inefficient.

Process dictates:

1. Employee fills out form 

2. Create Word file

3. Manager adds in comments based on employee form

4. Send to HR upon completion

The challenge I'm running into is that my flow up until Step 2. is a one way street, meaning the employees form responses get collected into a word document and sent to the Manager but I'm not really sure how to have the Manager populate additional "Manager comment fields" after the fact on the same document, since I cannot re-trigger a microsoft form.

What can I do here so that the Manager can add comments (multiple, seperate fields) on the same document that is being created through the flow by the employee?

virakones_0-1610052714674.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
virakones
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This is resolved.

I completed this by adding in a unique filename ID, in this case a timestamp yyyymmddhhss, sending that thorugh email to the receiving Manager. 

The Manager will enter this in a new form so I can collect the response and use this ID to retrieve the exact file the previous user completed.

Then following @RichFunk365's post here, I was able to dynamically fill in the manager portions of the template, thus creating a collaboratively generated document through power automate.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
virakones
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This is resolved.

I completed this by adding in a unique filename ID, in this case a timestamp yyyymmddhhss, sending that thorugh email to the receiving Manager. 

The Manager will enter this in a new form so I can collect the response and use this ID to retrieve the exact file the previous user completed.

Then following @RichFunk365's post here, I was able to dynamically fill in the manager portions of the template, thus creating a collaboratively generated document through power automate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,580)