cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaftNewb
Helper I
Helper I

Use multiple filters (contains) in the same column

Hello experts, in the past weeks i've been building a flow that is activated at powerapps by pressing a button, the flow gather the thousands of data from 2 sharepoint lists wich one of the lists have the same person multiple times (wich it's fixed by the flow and each person has its own row), and transform it into an excel file, all working properly.

But now it's time to automate some filters that i plan to gather from powerapps since some of the columns have lots of data separated by comma,  some have lots of data on the specific column wich i think the filter "contains" would work well at this point, but i can only apply 1 "contain filter" by column so if i want to see people on that column wich have for example: "excel", "word", "power automate" and "english" on that same column impossible to track.

I've tried to use Filter query odata but it works only for one criteria, i've been looking for a way to write an excel (online excel for business) script, but the max amount of criteria i could use on the "applyCustomFilter" where 2. I've also tried to build a condition to pick up the persons who have the desired criterias but i don't know if there is a way to make it "less hard coded" since the user can use different amounts of filters.

The  primary idea it's to let the user put the amount of filters it deems necessary (even if it return nothing at the end lol)

Since i'm quite new at power automate i'm having a hard time with that is there a better way of doing it? since i'm collecting what the user want as "filter" on power apps it's possible that people try to use even more than this amount of filters. And no i can't do any alterations on sharepoint.

I hope my question has been clear and thanks in advance for all the support everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaftNewb
Helper I
Helper I

I've found the answer on this post in case anyone else is wondering how to do it Solved: Filter Excel Multiple Variables - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

i've just used the same column name multiple times and it worked well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DaftNewb
Helper I
Helper I

I've found the answer on this post in case anyone else is wondering how to do it Solved: Filter Excel Multiple Variables - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

i've just used the same column name multiple times and it worked well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,665)