cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndiego
Frequent Visitor

Use of Get Items/Update Flow ( HELP NEEDED )

Hi,

Hoping someone can assist on my concern. I have here 2 sharepoint lists.

List A- when an item is created for this list, the same thing is also created on List B.
List B

Both list have Case Number as a common identifier.

What i would want to happen is to do the following.

1. When an item on list A has been modified, Information would also be updated in List B. 

List A is called Prework
List B is called Progress Report

Added screenshots of my flow and list as well. 

List A and B.PNG
Hoping someone can assist. 

Flow.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Krishna92
Microsoft
Microsoft

@ndiego 

If you share point column name contains space in between then you have to add x00200 in the space.

Consider the column name is Case Number then on the filter while specifying the column it has to be referred as Case_x00200_Number.

Also please try to do a GET ITEMS for the list to check how the column names are being returned in flow at times it happens that even though your column name has space in between when specified in share point, it might not be the same case with flow.

If this information helps you with resolution, please consider giving a thumbs up and mark the solution as resolved.

Hello,

Yes, you can use _x00200_ for space in the column name.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/OData-syntax-for-sharepoint-column-with-a-space-G...

@Krishna92 Appreciate the response. 

Before doing so, just wanted to confirm on how should the flow be configured.

Added screenshot for reference

Note: Whenever an item is created for List A(Prework) it is also created in List B(Progress Report). 
Just need to get information whenever List A is modified and get it updated into List B. 
FLow2.PNG

@rohsh354 Thank you. This link/topic serves as a great reference for future steps on my project. Appreciate it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,222)