cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Use two connected flows in PowerApps

Hi there,

I don’t know whether this is a dumb question to ask but I am currently trying to build a PowerApp connecting to a large SQL on-prem database with more than 300,000 rows. Since you can’t use a SQL query with on-prem databases, I went with the power query option in flow to generate JSON from my SQL server. The result is pushed back to PowerApps using the response element.

Since I want to filter the output for a datepicker input from PowerApps, I embedded a filter array element in Power Automate.

This all works fine but it takes longer than just a normal SQL query (about 5-10 secs).

Is there a way to load the SQL data in a first flow when the app starts and trigger the filter array when there is an input provided in the datepicker? I have read about nested flows but I am not sure about the trigger in this case.

I hope you guys get what I am trying to do. I first want to load data in a first flow and then filter the resulting array OnSelect of the button.

I appreciate your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

You are correct in that it is not possible to run a SQL query, but that does not matter, you can use an oData query to limit the results from a SQL table:

oData.png

It's pretty simple to do and will obviously return the results much quicker. Probably easier than your suggested approach.

Hi @Paulie78 Thanks for your answer.

The problem is that I have around ten tables I have to join. I guess that this oData query won't work for several tables, right?

Is there a way to combine two flows as mentioned?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (95,409)