cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cspidex
Regular Visitor

UserID and UserEmailAddress "null".... why?

I have a very simple flow that uses Send email with options, and adds the user response to an Excel table.  I'm able to bring in their response and other metadata such as date, but when I try to bring in UserID or UserEmailAddress to document whose response it is, nothing gets written to the field.  Looking at the raw inputs I see it is "null".  Any ideas why it isn't working? 

Thanks!

cspidex_0-1619152768348.pngcspidex_1-1619152789943.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cspidex 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to collect choices from user using ‘send email with option’. But currently can’t extract responder’s address as expected. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

Actually, this is caused by the limitation of ‘send email with options’. If we use this action, we can only get response content only. But for other information like sender address, replied time, they’re all not supported from returned result.

v-duann-msft_0-1619163972915.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#send-email-with-options

Thus, to get response as well as the related submitters’ information, I recommend you can use ‘Approval’ function here.

The flow may look like as below:

v-duann-msft_1-1619163972920.png

Once tested, I’m able to get detailed information listed in excel:

v-duann-msft_2-1619163972922.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cspidex 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you would like to collect choices from user using ‘send email with option’. But currently can’t extract responder’s address as expected. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

Actually, this is caused by the limitation of ‘send email with options’. If we use this action, we can only get response content only. But for other information like sender address, replied time, they’re all not supported from returned result.

v-duann-msft_0-1619163972915.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#send-email-with-options

Thus, to get response as well as the related submitters’ information, I recommend you can use ‘Approval’ function here.

The flow may look like as below:

v-duann-msft_1-1619163972920.png

Once tested, I’m able to get detailed information listed in excel:

v-duann-msft_2-1619163972922.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best regards,

Anna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,935)