Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeHarris
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Users Matching Filter Criteria not Returned by List Records Query

Hi all,

I am having issues fetching Users from an instance of Dynamics 365. I am using the List Records action with a filter of 

isdisabled eq false and accessmode ne 3 and accessmode ne 4 and accessmode ne 5

However, I am not seeing all of the expected results returned. If I run the same query with the exact same filter against the Dynamics 365 Web API I receive all the matching records. Flow is only returning 512 Users though I have also tried explicitly setting the Top value higher than this with no luck.

I have tried this with both the old Dynamics 365 connector and the Common Data Service and they both have the same issue.

Anyone else encountered this and know how I can get the filter to function correctly within Flow?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For anyone that might end up on this thread after running into the same issue. This was resolved by enabling Pagination on the List Records step. This can be found in the Settings section (click the elipses on the action).

chrome_2019-05-21_13-26-30.png

Now I am getting all the results back from the query.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you tried building a delay into your Flow? You may be hitting the 1000 API calls per 1 minute limit. Outside of that, if you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi @Brad_Groux 

Thanks, I was unaware of the 1000 call limit so added a delay to get around this. Unfortunately this did not resolve the issue though. As a test I have created a new Flow which only runs the List Records action (shown below).

chrome_2019-05-13_11-10-24.png

When run via Flow this returns 512 results. If I run the exact same query using the Web API (url below) then I get the expected 787 results.

https://[Dynamics Client URL]/api/data/v9.0/systemusers?$filter=isdisabled eq false and accessmode ne 3 and accessmode ne 4 and accessmode ne 5

I am logged in to Flow and Dynamics with the same User so security roles should not be affecting what I can see in the response. Any other ideas on why the query could be returning different results via Flow?

For anyone that might end up on this thread after running into the same issue. This was resolved by enabling Pagination on the List Records step. This can be found in the Settings section (click the elipses on the action).

chrome_2019-05-21_13-26-30.png

Now I am getting all the results back from the query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,703)