cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Users don't receive approval emails

Hello,

I'm kinda stuck with a problem and i have no idea why that happens, so I'm asking for your help..

I have a SharePoint list in which users can type a person on a Person/Group column. Power Automate receives it just fine, but the users typed in the column won't receive the approval emails. I tried it on my factory tenant, it works just fine with any user, but it doesn't work on my client's tenant. However the admin account receives the approval email (like it's supposed to).

Do you have an idea why that happens and how to solve it ?

I suspect there is a parameter on the tenant that prevents standard users from receiving automated emails, but it's just a blind guess..

Thank you for your help 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Users don't receive approval emails

A little update on the problem. It is not resolved but I tried some things to identify it.

Automated emails work, I can send outlook mails both single and from a shared mailbox. The only blocked mails are the approval mails generated by power automate.

I also tried to make a user owner of the workflow and a tenant administrator, but he still won't receive the approval email...

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Approval email come from the email address maccount@microsoft.com you can always check your exchange server to see if its even hitting your server. If its not this will likely need help from the Microsoft Support team. I'll include a link below; on reaching out to them if you would like to go down that route.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Alex,

It's hitting the server since my admin account receives the approval email. I can't understand why only users don't receive it even after i promote them to admin and make them owners of the power automate 😕

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,857)