cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TW001
Helper I
Helper I

Using Another Flow to Continue an Approval Flow

I built an approval flow (first flow) and there's the action called "Wait for an approval". My second flow is triggering an action (Approve/Reject) from PowerApps, this action will revise the approval table of Dataverse. I assume it will resume the first flow, but it is still pending on "Wait for an approval" action. I don't want to write the fellow steps again for what to do when user take action. Please help if there's any practices for resuming the first flow from another flow.

TW001_0-1668698005981.pngTW001_1-1668698080333.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Koen5
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Dear TW001,

This should not be too difficult. Not sure if you can do this via the action "Wait for an approval" though.

I would include in flow 1 somewhere 'Do Until' action with a condition to look for example a value in a cell in a certain table .. or the existence of a file. If the condition is not met, then the flow waits for example 1 hour and tries again.

Flow 2 is triggered somewhere before in flow 1 and runs and somewhere creates the conditional value for which flow 1 is waiting. For example it has an action 'Update row' with the needed value.

Flow 1 is still waiting ... and see the value created (by flow 2) and continues...

Hope the above helps you,

Happy flowing,

Koen

If this has helped/is a solution, please state so in the thread for others.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Koen5
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Dear TW001,

This should not be too difficult. Not sure if you can do this via the action "Wait for an approval" though.

I would include in flow 1 somewhere 'Do Until' action with a condition to look for example a value in a cell in a certain table .. or the existence of a file. If the condition is not met, then the flow waits for example 1 hour and tries again.

Flow 2 is triggered somewhere before in flow 1 and runs and somewhere creates the conditional value for which flow 1 is waiting. For example it has an action 'Update row' with the needed value.

Flow 1 is still waiting ... and see the value created (by flow 2) and continues...

Hope the above helps you,

Happy flowing,

Koen

If this has helped/is a solution, please state so in the thread for others.  

TW001
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for your answer. It could be a solution. But I decided to refer this this article for using post request to resume my previous approval step which can be real-time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (6,093)