cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Using Apply to Each Control

Hello, 

I am using the Apply to Each control.  However I'm not sure what the first box, "Select an Output from Previous Steps" is asking for.  

The previous action is "Get a Row" in Excel.  However in the "Select an Output from Previous Steps" box dynamic content appears unavailable.  The box will only allow me to type in text values.  However the flow receives an error message when ran. 

Thanks, 

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@SamSpon a couple of mistakes in your flow: you've missed out the List rows present in a table immediately after the Recurrence and before the Get a row. You do need that.  And in the key value you then select the unique column from the excel table which will be in the dynamic content. As soon as you do that it will wrap the Get a row in an Apply to each and add value into the Apply to each field.

listrowsExcel2.png

In the List rows present in a table, if you only want the rows where SendforApproval is equal to Yes as it seems you do then you can add a filter query in the advanced options of the List rows present... action of SendforApproval eq 'Yes'

Rob

Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

You don't type in anything in that box, from the dynamic content you select "value":

listrowsExcel.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Super User III
Super User III

Hello,

Additionally, you can try to add a Compose action and select a dynamic content related to the excel. Flow should automatically create the apply to each loop with the excel ‘value’ in the output.

If this does not work for you, there must be something wrong with your excel list rows.

Please share a picture of your flow configuration.
Thanks

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips, tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Thanks Jcook.  Below is a picture of the current flow.  I will try using the Compose action.  Without the Compose Action, the Dynamic Content doesn't seem available.  

Snapshot.JPG

@SamSpon a couple of mistakes in your flow: you've missed out the List rows present in a table immediately after the Recurrence and before the Get a row. You do need that.  And in the key value you then select the unique column from the excel table which will be in the dynamic content. As soon as you do that it will wrap the Get a row in an Apply to each and add value into the Apply to each field.

listrowsExcel2.png

In the List rows present in a table, if you only want the rows where SendforApproval is equal to Yes as it seems you do then you can add a filter query in the advanced options of the List rows present... action of SendforApproval eq 'Yes'

Rob

Los Gallardos

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (43,682)