cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilied
Frequent Visitor

Using Aquaforest PDF: Getting the desired data from file

Hello!

I've been using Power Automate for a little while now and created some cool stuff that has made work easier for colleagues. A very useful tool.

Anyways, I recently found out that one of our departments gets a PDF daily, with customer information. This PDF can be anything from one page to 32 pages long. They have to manually check every customer and compare it to our database, if that customer is already in our database. This is obviously a lot of pointless manual work, so I thought it would be nice to automate this.

I started looking for a solution with Power Automate, and found Aquaforest PDF connector which should get me started. However, I'm having trouble with it. I can basically use two functions: Get Text From PDF, or Get Data From PDF. Neither of these seem to be working rights. I need to extract just the customer numbers from the PDF. All i've managed to do so far is extract ALL of the text from the PDF, or just the first customer number.

Let's say I extract all of the text. Is there a function in Power Automate that allows me to search the text and bring back all the customer numbers? The PDF has all of the customer numbers like this: "Customerno: 12345678". 

I attached a screenshot of what I currently have. There is a sharepoint file library and if someone puts a PDF in there, the Flow starts. Next step is to get the desired data from the PDF and send the results to myself via email (for testing purposes). If I put "Customerno" as a key value to search for, it returns the first Customer number in the list. Not all of them. Next step would be to compare the numbers to an SQL database, but i'd like to get this working first. Can anyone help me with this?

customerno.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @ilied 

Probably best to raise this query direct with Aquaforest, though have you considered performing a regex search query across the text contained within the PDF? - https://support.encodian.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360006764638-Search-Text-Regex

2020-05-19_07-45-23.png

If you're able to share an example PDF or example customer numbers I'll help you with the regex

HTH

Jay

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @ilied 

Probably best to raise this query direct with Aquaforest, though have you considered performing a regex search query across the text contained within the PDF? - https://support.encodian.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360006764638-Search-Text-Regex

2020-05-19_07-45-23.png

If you're able to share an example PDF or example customer numbers I'll help you with the regex

HTH

Jay

View solution in original post

Thank you for your answer. I'll look into that as well. I solved the problem another way, however. I tried an app from Plumsail Documents, which gets regular expression matches from the extracted text of the PDF-document. Works really well.

Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @ilied 

That's exactly what the Encodian 'Search Text - Regex' action does, it finds matches from the text supplied 🙂

Check the screen shot it does exactly what you denoted

My best

Jay

emseki
Community Support
Community Support

Thank you for sharing your senario! This helps other users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,626)