cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mick282
Helper III
Helper III

Using Common Data Service (Current Environment) and triggering on a calculated field update

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused. I've got a Flow that triggers on a calculated whole number field on update. I've set the trigger condition to only update when the calculated field switches to 30. The problem is that I know there were several accounts that had that calculated field updated and it's not triggering the Flow.

image.png

Does calculated fields in Dynamics work with CDS update trigger conditions? 

3 REPLIES 3
Jcook
MVP

Hello,

When you do a List records, to see what the data looks like.
Does the calculated field look the way you expect?

Your trigger might be lookin for something in particular but is not recognizing it as it may be in a different format.

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hi @Jcook 

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I've created a separate flow to test what's coming through. It looks correct and the value is  of type integer.

image.png

I'm just really curious whether Calculated fields aren't included in the CDS update trigger? I know they are updated on a bulk system job at a specified interval but I always assumed they would be counted as a update.

@Mick282
Hmm good point, I have found article:
https://dynamics365society.uk/archives/microsoft-flow-basics-and-limitations-when-working-with-dynam...

—Josh
If you like my post please hit the "Thumbs Up" -- If my post solved your issue please "Mark as a Solution" to help others

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,246)