cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tbruns
Level: Powered On

Using Conditions in Flow

I have created a flow where we are using a condition to send an email if Yes. There is a different email address for each State but since the nesting limit is 8 I am not sure how to accomplish it. If Clinician is equal to Meets Criteria and Does Not Meet Criteria and the State is IL then send email to IL@xxx.com. Then if no and Clinician is equal to Meets Criteria and Does Not Meet Criteria and the State is MT then send email to MT@xxx.com. Is there a way to group them but have them send emails to different addresses? Any help would be appreciated.

08-07-2019 12-46-29 PM.jpg 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Using Conditions in Flow

@Tbruns 

Hi There!  So, a couple of different options:

For situations where you've got a couple of different choices, consider a Switch vs. a Condition.  That lets you have many paths rather than nesting a binary choice.  But...this might also work:

Initialize a string variable at the beginning and set it to the state, then at any point where it needs to send the email, you can maybe put the 'variable'@xxx.com for the "To:" rather than building 50 different paths.  What do you think?

Keep us posted, either way.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Super User
Super User

Hi @Tbruns 

You can use expressions in Flow conditions to write complex nested conditions

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-more-powerful-conditions-in-flows-and-more/

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Tbruns
Level: Powered On

Can you show me an example of the Switch case using the info in my screen shot please? Sorry I am still learning Flow.

Super User
Super User

You could also create a Object Variable with all of your different conditions in. Then later on in the Flow just filter the object variable based on your conditions.

- Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 286 members 1,984 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: