cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Using Conditions in Flow

I have created a flow where we are using a condition to send an email if Yes. There is a different email address for each State but since the nesting limit is 8 I am not sure how to accomplish it. If Clinician is equal to Meets Criteria and Does Not Meet Criteria and the State is IL then send email to IL@xxx.com. Then if no and Clinician is equal to Meets Criteria and Does Not Meet Criteria and the State is MT then send email to MT@xxx.com. Is there a way to group them but have them send emails to different addresses? Any help would be appreciated.

08-07-2019 12-46-29 PM.jpg 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Using Conditions in Flow

@Tbruns 

Hi There!  So, a couple of different options:

For situations where you've got a couple of different choices, consider a Switch vs. a Condition.  That lets you have many paths rather than nesting a binary choice.  But...this might also work:

Initialize a string variable at the beginning and set it to the state, then at any point where it needs to send the email, you can maybe put the 'variable'@xxx.com for the "To:" rather than building 50 different paths.  What do you think?

Keep us posted, either way.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Tbruns 

You can use expressions in Flow conditions to write complex nested conditions

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-more-powerful-conditions-in-flows-and-more/

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Can you show me an example of the Switch case using the info in my screen shot please? Sorry I am still learning Flow.

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

You could also create a Object Variable with all of your different conditions in. Then later on in the Flow just filter the object variable based on your conditions.

- Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,745)