cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicoleOuyang
Regular Visitor

Using Extracted Text From QR Code in SharePoint

Hi,

I have create a picture library in Sharepoint to store the picture of QR code.

When I update a QR code to this picture library, it will automated trigger the information in the column "Extracted Text".

Now I want to using the value in this column to set some flow. Such as when it contains "Green", then auto send email to myself.

However, I find that the flow run failed. And there is no value in the column "Extracted Text". And I can see the value of this column in the sharepoint picture library.

So how can I extract the value in QR Code to set flows?

Thanks!

2020-04-22 17_44_30-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

4 REPLIES 4
Kikoger
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi - I noticed the Created By Email column doesn't work properly the notification action. Put an O365 "Get user profile" action in between and use the Mail, output from that. Quick fix 🙂

ChristianAbata
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi @NicoleOuyang  unfortunally you can't get the QR value with PA you can read a value inserted in a column but please try to use a text column to do that.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hello, How to use a text column to do that?

The column  "Extracted Text" is automated trigger by Sharepoint when I upload a QR Code.

Thanks!

hi @NicoleOuyang to get data into a sharepoint list you need to create this action

ex.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,740)