cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prism667
Regular Visitor

Using Flow to Create Item with Yes/No Column from Microsoft Forms

Hi, 

I have created a microsoft form that has multiple choice and yes/no questions. I have figured out how to get the multiple choice answers to display on the sharepoint item that is created, however, I cannot figure out how to do it for the Yes/No column. 

The column in the screenshot is "Secondary Contact?"

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 11.57.49 PM.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alaabitar
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Sorry my bad I had a mistake in the syntax, your if statement should look like

if(equals(outputs('Get_response_details')?['r621fe34a011f4e09bef71a009a7f238c'],'Yes'),true,false)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
alaabitar
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello,

You can just put in the expression tab true or false like that

alaabitar_0-1641482897772.png

Best regards,

Alaa

prism667
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

Thank you for responding! Will this solution account for whether the form responder answers yes or no to the question? because I want their answer to be correctly reported in the sharepoint list. 

alaabitar
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Yes definitivly you can check what the responder answered and then update the sharepoint list with true or false accordingly

prism667
Regular Visitor

Hi, 

So my issue is that I want the flow to automatically pull the responder's response from the form and update the specific column with yes or no based on their answer. I do not want to manually update the sharepoint item, if possible. Currently, every column is doing that except for the yes or no column. 

alaabitar
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Yes you can definitively update automatically in the field of the sharepoint list that you want to update can you use and expression with an if statement that looks like that

if(outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r3b3d3574f01445d08267ac38ba79b8a2'],'yes',true)
with outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r3b3d3574f01445d08267ac38ba79b8a2'] the get response item that correspond to your Yes/No question

I keep getting an error that the expression is not valid. Am I going into the create item action > Secondary Contact? (name of the column in question) > and then typing the expression there?

prism667
Regular Visitor

Sorry, I have attached the exact error it is giving me to this response. 

This is the expression I put there: 

if(outputs('Get_response_details')?['r621fe34a011f4e09bef71a009a7f238c'],'yes',true)Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 6.47.58 PM.png
alaabitar
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

And what is the type of the column in your sharepoint list ?

It is a yes/no column

alaabitar
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Sorry my bad I had a mistake in the syntax, your if statement should look like

if(equals(outputs('Get_response_details')?['r621fe34a011f4e09bef71a009a7f238c'],'Yes'),true,false)
prism667
Regular Visitor

awesome! you were extremely helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,794)