cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Using Flow to change banner image and image on a page in Sharepoint

I have some code that creates new site pages.

Basically it uses a template and fills in the blanks.

However even though I'm putting in a path to an image stored in my site assets it doesn't change from the original picture.  It is not giving me any errors but the images don't change. 

Is this known problem?

Does anyone know how to change a banner image or image webpart on a modern site page using SharePoint REST?

Thanks,

Terry

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @Mattw112IG  I'm shure this post can help you

https://n8d.at/how-to-define-default-header-image-for-events-in-communication-site-and-a-user-story/

I hope this can helps.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

I came across this too, but it is confusing to me.

When I go to "Update Item" it wants a list not site pages?  It does look like I may be able to set using the "Update File Properties" command though.  I will try that.

Also this is for just the banner I also have a web part on the page with an image I'd like to change.

Thanks,

Terry

Highlighted

mmm @Mattw112IG  I was looking into official docs and it looks like that are not supported jet.

see the

UpdateSiteDesign

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/site-design-rest-api

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted

Not sure if site design is same as page changes?

I am able to customize most of the pages with text fields.  Just the image field I am having a challenge with.

Thanks,

Terry

Highlighted

Also here's the part of my JSON with the image but I wonder if I have to know a Unique ID? I'm just setting the full path and name..("/sites/msd/IandI/MSDToolbox/SiteAssets/Logos/Clients/customer.png\"}). Not sure how I would find a unique ID for an image in site assets?

\"imageSources\":{\"imageSource\":\"/sites/msd/IandI/MSDToolbox/SiteAssets/Logos/Clients/customer.png\"},\"links\":{},\"customMetadata\":{\"imageSource\":{\"siteId\":\"14a39437-bfba-4008-9276-f3a978cc53ea\",\"webId\":\"45743f31-e225-4b08-9cfa-26c40e4feda1\",\"listId\":\"c427389c-3257-4650-8e8f-c79c86dbe813\",\"uniqueId\":\"d3554111-8878-48bb-822f-a9a816ab8f16\"}}},\"dataVersion\":\"1.4\"

Terry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,801)