cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using Flow to post to message to Teams multi user chat

We are using Flow and Teams to streamline some basic business management conversations for a large, geographically distributed team. We do a morning check in – “what have you got planned for today”, and an afternoon review “what did you achieve today” using Forms>Email/Teams-adaptive card>and updating a shared spreadsheet. (It is a simple variation to the “https://australia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/97b63d723d374c929bff0ecd9877af...” and it works reasonably well.)

The main limitation is that we cannot output a notification from Flow to multiple Teams users. Ideally we want to post the results of the Forms to an existing chat with the Team lead and Team member so any changes to priorities can be captured in the one chat.

I have searched around and it seems like this is a technical/design limitation of Flow to send to more than one user and returns these sorts of problems ;

"error": {

"code": "GraphUserDetailNotFound",

"message": "No user details with email or UPN 'firstname.lastname@work.com; mailto:firstname2.lastname2@work.com' were found in Graph."

}

}

Is there some other way to achieve this? It seems odd given it is so simple to start a multi user Teams chat. Some of the suggested alternatives/solutions using a loop will not deliver the desired result, an array won’t work either because we use the dynamic variable of the different team member names/emails. We are able to post to a separate team channel, but we are finding that problematic as so many channels are required – it seems more efficient to streamline communications through the one chat medium. I am a business manager without any real technical knowledge, so I might be missing something simple that does this. I think I just basically want to add another two emails to the code and that would solve the issue. Thanks in advance for any insights.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Using Flow to post to message to Teams multi user chat

Hi @somedudeWA,

Please refer to this post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Email-Teams-message-to-all-members/m-p/467234

You could use List members action to get members' emails and store them into a variable.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Using Flow to post to message to Teams multi user chat

Thanks for your reply. The suggested solution unfortunately doesn't work for us as we want to post the message in the feed of the reporter/person who submitted the form, plus the person's team leader and production support person, which is different for many of the team members. I could possibly use this solution with some sort of IF/CONTROL. We are trialling the use of private channels which is easier to post to and add/remove members and control content. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,710)